Monday, May 4, 2009

Are they home?

Two of the cutest kids ever live next door.


MJ is 4 years old.


Younger brother J is 2 1/2.


These two love to play with our boys because they chase them and "scare" them with loud noises and goofy faces. MJ and J have a trampoline in their backyard, which sweetens the deal for our boys too, as we don't own a trampoline.

Not too long ago, MJ came over and rang the doorbell. As always, she asked, "Are they home?" I told her one of my sons was spending the night elsewhere and then she asked if my other son was home. He wasn't here at the time as he was bike riding with a friend. When I explained his whereabouts she wanted to know if I could call him.

MJ and J ring my doorbell nothing short of 5 times a day as they're looking for their playmates. They will not be deterred either, as I've attempted to ignore the doorbell a couple of times, and they don't give up. Those kids are determined! MJ and J have no concept of time and are always dismayed when they discover the boys are still at school. It might be 2 o'clock when they ring the doorbell, and I'll tell them the boys won't be home until 4 o'clock, and they'll come back at 2:15. They're so cute!

Who would have ever thought our 12 and 9-year-old boys would find playmates in the 4 and 2-year-old kids next door? It's an unlikely friendship, really, but it somehow works for the four of them.

No comments: