Thursday, May 14, 2009

Uh-oh...

Ever have one of those mornings when nothing you attempt to do turns out right? That would accurately describe my morning. I just couldn't get it together. Need an example? I got one for ya...

I was making a layered Mexican dip to take to a friend's house for a small gathering. The first layer calls for a mixture of cream cheese and French onion dip. I'd mixed the two ingredients in a ceramic bowl, and was emptying the contents onto a platter. I was using my rubber spatula to remove every bit of this creamy mixture, when the bowl simply slipped out of my hands and hit the stovetop. Not a good thing...


We have one of those flat glass stovetops and apparently they're rather fragile, as photos will prove. The stovetop is now cracked and chipped in multiple places. This was a brand-new stovetop as of August, so I don't think the housing folks are going to be very happy with me, do you? I'm not looking forward to making the phone call.


I suppose there's a possible bright side to this unfortunate accident. I probably shouldn't be cooking on the stove as it might be a safety hazard. Wouldn't you agree? What a shame!

No comments: