Tuesday, May 5, 2009

This is not good...

See these sandals? This is one of several pairs of shoes I've owned for many years. In fact, I've had these since my 12-year-old was a baby. What can I say? They're really comfortable... or at least they were really comfortable until Sunday...

I wore them to church on Sunday, and as I buckled them, I noticed there was a little nick in the heel of one sandal. Hmmm... I didn't remember ever having done that.

As I walked into the chapel, I noticed my beloved sandals felt different. They felt "wobbly," and lo' and behold, upon closer inspection, I found this...

and this...

My sandals were literally disentegrating a little more with each step I took. I have been forced to part with these old trusted friends. It was a sad, sad day, indeed!

Now I'm on the lookout for a new pair of sandals, but you know my issues here with shoes. This is not good.

1 comment:

Ruthie said...

I will be praying for you as you embark on your new adventure. I hate to shop for shoes also, So I totally feel your pain!!!:)

I like your new picture on your "front page", bright and colorful!!!

Speak at you later!.
Ruthie