Monday, May 11, 2009

Why do they have to grow up?

Friday morning I volunteered in my younger son's 3rd grade classroom. He LOVES it when I'm there, and that's such an awesome feeling. My older son is in 6th grade and I don't think he's particularly keen on me being in his classroom anymore as I think I cramp his style. I always knew the day would come when my presence was no longer a cool thing for him. It's part of growing up, right? I can accept that, I guess, but I have to admit, it's nice that the little guy still likes his old ma around.

With Mother's Day being yesterday, I found myself reminiscing about my boys when they were much younger. I looked at old photos of them and realized just how much they've grown in what feels like a very short time. Where does the time go? It seems just like yesterday...





































My sons are no longer little boys. They're growing by leaps and bounds and are too big to carry. They're becoming young men.





Sometimes I want my boys to look like this again...

No comments: