Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Potty Time


Are you able to discern when your kid needs to go to the bathroom? Without any words being spoken between the two of you, are you able to figure out that Little Jimmy needs to make a trip to the potty?

I totally know when my boys need to go! Their body language says it all. It's not as if they physically hold themselves... it's their overall body movement. I call it the pee-pee dance.

A couple of nights ago, before going to bed, I asked my youngest son if he needed to go to the bathroom. He said he didn't need to go, and not two seconds later, he said, "Oh wait! Yes, I do need to go."

When the little man returned from doing his business, he asked me how I knew he needed to go to the bathroom. I just smiled and said, "Son, moms just know these things... trust me."

And we do just know these things, don't we?

No comments: