Wednesday, June 24, 2009

When life hands you lemons...

... make lemonade!


Life didn't really hand me lemons... I bought some at the commissary after my cousin posted a Facebook message about making fresh-squeezed lemonade. It sounded so refreshing, therefore I asked her for the recipe. If lemonade doesn't say "Summer," I don't know what does! It's simple, but delicious, so I'm sharing it with you...




FRESH-SQUEEZED LEMONADE

Ingredients:
4-5 large lemons
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 quarts water

Directions:
Cut 4 lemons in half and squeeze juice from each half into a 2-quart pitcher, removing all seeds from the pitcher. Add sugar and water; stir. Slice remaining lemon, removing seeds, and use for garnish if desired. I just allow the lemon slices to float in the lemonade. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Yum!

Enjoy! You can thank me later.

No comments: