Monday, June 29, 2009

Summer Reading

I've been reading like a fiend lately and I'm enjoying every minute. During the school year when the boys are busy with homework assignments, sports, Scouts, etc., it's hard to find the time to just sit and read a book for pleasure. I'm making the most of my summer and reading as much as I can.

Right now I'm on a James Patterson kick. I was given several of his paperbacks in a book exchange with my oldest son's teacher. I'm currently reading Kiss the Girls, which is actually one of Patterson's older books. I've seen the movie based on the book too, so I had somewhat of an idea of the storyline from the get-go, however, you and I know that books and movies aren't always the same, and books are generally better. I've noticed James Patterson has LOTS of newer books out, and I'll probably eventually read them all as I really enjoy his writing, however, I'm tempted to stray to another popular series of books that has people everywhere talking... The Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer seems to be the rage right now, for women of all ages too. I might have to discover what all the fuss is about for myself.

So... I'm curious... what are YOU reading this summer?

3 comments:

Ellen said...

I have been totally engrossed with "The Left Behind" series by Tim LaHaye & Jerry Jenkins. I just recently finished the 8th book and just cracked open the 9th "Desecration". These books are riveting and I love them.

Marva said...

Ellen, I think my hubby has read a couple of those books, maybe the first and second, but I haven't read them. I guess I thought I'd get spooked. Obivously you like them. What has you riveted?

Ellen said...

I love they way they paint the picture of the end times from the Book of Revelations. While it too does spook me I guess I'm just hoping that I'm raptured before things get so bad here on Earth. They are an easy read and seem to go really quickly. I read book #3 in a weekend. Keep me posted on Twilight. I too have been interested in reading the series.