Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Where's my willpower?

Dinner is a challenge for me when the hubby is out of town. The boys and I have a tendency to eat less healthy when he's away. I realize that's not a positive thing, but it's reality.

Case in point... last night I was busy preparing food for an event I'm co-hosting today. The boys were happy with a can of soup and spaghettios. I did actually slice some fresh fruit and poured each of them a tall glass of milk, so dinner wasn't totally without nutrition.

I've been trying to find a way to jumpstart my motivation to lose weight and begin an exercise regimen. Let's just say I've been ignoring this issue for quite some time and it doesn't seem to be going away on its own. I hate it when that happens!

Last night I decided to have a Weight Watchers meal, which was pretty tasty. I also had a banana. I was feeling very proud of myself in regard to my food choices. Then somehow during the course of the evening, I found myself munching on a Snickers ice cream bar.

If you see my willpower running around anywhere, send it back to me, will ya?

2 comments:

Ellen said...

Your words mirror image what happens across the Atlantic here. The boys and I eat horribly when hubby is away. And like you I am also trying to shed some extra baggage. If you find anything that works please let me know. I have been trying to eat less. I have been popping about 10-12 almonds back 30 minutes prior to a meal. They say almonds send a signal to the brain that you are full so that you don't eat as much. I have also placed a healthy snack bin in the van so that we are not tempted to stop at the fast food shops. I have also tried to drink more water, but I really don't like it all. Hubby is gone today...maybe I too should run out and grab a box of Snickers ice cream. Wait I need Willpower?!

Anonymous said...

The weight thing is so hard. I've battled it for several years now. I've lost 8 lbs. but it's took what seems like forever. I've got high blood pressure and had a time getting it down without the medicine causing something else to go wrong. I try not to keep the goodies in the house but hubby likes them so I hate to keep them from him. Hang in there!
Donna
PS. The willpower isn't here. :-)