Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Josh Groban's "Noel" Christmas CD


I don't know about you, but I have a crush on Josh Groban, the young pop-classical singer who's about the hottest thing since sliced bread, in my opinion of course. His 2007 Christmas CD, "Noel" is breaking records in the music industry and after purchasing it last week, I can certainly see why. It's fabulous!

I first heard of Josh Groban a few years ago when my girlfriend Stacey gave me his "Closer" CD (THANKS, STACEY!), the one which includes the song "You Raise Me Up" which is still one of those songs that makes me stop whatever I'm doing and just listen. I just love this guy's style! He's so relaxed when he's singing and has such a pure quality in his voice. I'm not an authority on music, but I know what I like, and I like Josh Groban!

This Christmas CD has a smattering of duets with singers like Faith Hill and Brian McKnight, and it also had a tear-jerker version of "I'll Be Home for Christmas" in which the listener hears voices of military personnel sending their holiday greetings to loved ones throughout this beautiful Christmas classic. It makes me cry every single time I hear it.

If you're looking for a great Christmas CD to purchase this year, I highly recommend this one! Happy listening!

No comments: