Thursday, July 24, 2008

Food Nicknames

Yesterday I blogged about how our pork chops looked like the heads of cats. Later I thought about how my youngest son also has "nicknames" for certain foods. For instance, here are a few of his food nicknames followed by their actual meanings...

stick cheese = string cheese

square cheese = cheese slices

circle sausage = sausage patties

cigar sausage = sausage links

chicken on the bone = fried chicken

skinny fries = shoestring fries

See what I mean? Kids just make up their own names for things when they can't recall the actual words. My younger brother had LOTS of funny words when he was growing up, but since he's an adult now and a father-to-be, I'll refrain from sharing his secrets because I'm feeling particularly generous today. Tomorrow might be another story. What are some of the funny words your family uses?

No comments: