Friday, July 18, 2008

It's a conspiracy!

I've mentioned before that we don't own a dog for various reasons. My kids would really love to have one, but frankly, I'm not ready for the added responsibility because I know I'd be the one doing all the caregiving. And who gets a dog just one month before moving to another continent anyway? Not happening!

That being said, I have to say I'm feeling as if my extended family is totally conspiring against me. We went on vacation for two weeks, visiting with relatives part of the time and every single one of them owns at least one dog, if not more. Check this out...
This is Miss Ellie, my parents' beagle puppy. I can't even believe they have a dog! Miss Ellie digs up my mom's flower beds and she still jumps, scratches and gnaws on everything. I'm surprised she's still breathing!

My brother and sister-in-law have three miniature schnauzers. I don't have a picture of all three dogs together, but I did take this cute one of Jake... and another one of (I believe) Heidi...
My nephew had two miniature schnauzers as well, and I managed to get a picture of one of them, although I can't remember which one this is...
We also spent time with my husband's sister and her family, and you guessed it... they have three dogs, all labs. I didn't get all three dogs in a picture, but here's one of their canines...
So now my kids think EVERYONE has a dog except them. I just want to personally thank my entire family for helping me out on this dog issue and making my life so much easier.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We have been under extreme pressure ourselves. It doesn't help that our neighbors went on vacation and asked the boys to check on their beagle pupppies while they were gone. Ugh. Thankfully they are back home now!!