Tuesday, January 27, 2009

24


Hello, my name is Marva and I'm a "24" addict. Honestly, there really should be a support group out there for people like me. I LOVE this show! "24" is in its 7th season, but the funny thing is, I had never previously watched it until a few months ago when friends loaned us three seasons of "24" on DVD. My husband and I literally had "24" marathons, watching back-to-back episodes, night after night once our kids went to bed. We'd wake up exhausted the next day due to lack of sleep, but we were hooked and couldn't help ourselves.



The new "24" season has started after a year-long hiatus due to a Writer's Guild strike. Thankfully the show airs on AFN (Armed Forced Network) or we'd be seriously looking into getting ourselves a slingbox.



Kiefer Sutherland is the lead actor in the role of Jack Bauer, counter-terrorism agent. Each episode unfolds in real time, covering one day in the life of Jack Bauer, thus the name of the show... "24." Bauer deals with some bad characters involving assassination attempts, nuclear attacks, torture, sleeper cells, etc. Poor Jack has a hard time keeping love alive as a result of the life he leads. He doesn't really have many friends either, which is understandable, 'cause let's face it... people tend to die when Jack's around.



I'm not much of a TV viewer these days due to the fact that AFN is seriously lacking in interesting shows. They do the best they can, I'm sure, and they do offer some great movies and awesome commercials, but primetime TV doesn't normally cut it for me. Ah... but now there's "24" (and American Idol) and I'm cuttin' AFN some slack. We tend to view U.S. primetime TV shows a day later, and for us, "24" currently airs on Tuesday nights.



I can hardly wait 'til later tonight when I hear the voice of Jack Bauer saying, "Previously... on 24!" Bring it on!

4 comments:

The Koonce Family said...

I couldn't agree more! I started watching last year and rented Seasons 1-6 and watched them ALL while Brandon was deployed for 2 months...talk about obsessed!

Marva said...

Jamie, I think we're kindred spirits!

Liesl said...

Support group? Sign-me up! I was awake until 1:30 this morning watching episodes 1-6 of this current season. I'm a total addict and Scott G. is my supplier.

Marva said...

Liesl, I feel your pain... and your pleasure!