Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Christmas Clutter B-Gone!





No, this isn't an after Christmas sale at the local thrift store. This cluttered, chaotic mess was in my house just a week ago. This year we decided to observe the Spanish tradition of leaving our decorations on display until after Three Kings Day on 6 January. The longer the decorations were up, the more I dreaded having to put them away.

My husband is usually the one who packs away everything after Christmas. I run around the house gathering up all the decorations, compiling them in one room and then he starts gettin' jiggy with it. He's the PACKING MASTER! Seriously.

This year I volunteered to take care of packing away most of the decorations myself (WHAT was I thinking?), and I did put some of them away, little at a time, but I couldn't seem to carve out enough time to devote to totally "de-Christmasing" the house. I had to keep up with my blog and Facebook page after all!

This kind of thing may not bother you, but for a person who has certain OCD tendencies, this is an utter nightmare. Every time I walked past this sad, pathetic scene, I simply cringed and my stomach knotted up. The decorations were virtually calling out to me, "Put me away! Please... put me away!" My husband noticed I'd sort of run out of steam mid-way through the job, and he came to my rescue, just one of the MANY reasons I love him!

I honestly think someone could make a lot of money by opening their own "de-Christmasing" business. See, I don't mind getting the decorations out... I just LOATHE putting them away! I doubt I'm alone. Imagine it... Someone from Christmas Clutter B-Gone shows up at your door, pleasant and ready to work. You go off to the spa, do lunch, shop... whatever your heart desires. You come home and the holiday decorations have disappeared from every nook and cranny in your house and are now neatly stored away until next Christmas. That would so rock, wouldn't it?

No comments: