Friday, January 16, 2009

I'm so proud!

If you know me very well at all, you're aware of the fact that I love basketball, and in particular, I love Kentucky Wildcat basketball. I suppose I've been a fan all my life, like most folks who come from my neck of the woods in Kentucky. We're all about the 'Cats!

And I'm not a fair weather fan... one of those people who root for a team only when they're winning. Nope. Nossiree. Not me. I bleed blue, no matter if UK is winning or losing. Kentucky's basketball team has struggled a bit over the last couple of seasons, but I'm seeing some promise of greatness once again. Case in point...

This, my bloggie buddies, is JODIE MEEKS. He plays basketball for the University of Kentucky. He's a WILDCAT and he's got game. He's got some serious skills on the court!

A couple of nights ago Jodie Meeks led my beloved Kentucky Wildcats to a win over the Tennessee Volunteers, which is always reason for celebration. (No offense to my Tennessee friends. Y'all love it when you beat us too!) Jodie brought it, baby! (Can you hear Dick Vitale right about now?) Read on...

"He was AJC Player of the Year. He averaged 23 plus points as a senior in high school. He was 2007 All-SEC Freshman Team and All-America Freshman Team. And he's only 21. But yet, he just broke the record for most three pointers made, and most points in a single game, by a player in the University of Kentucky history." ~ Posted Jan 13th 2009 11:15PM by Will Brinson in NCAA FanHouse

"Let’s break down what Jodie Meeks did tonight:
54 Points (Career High and Team Record for points in a game) - Prior was 53 points by Dan Issel.
10 out of 15 from 3-point land (Sets single game record for 3-pointers in a game for the Wildcats) - Prior was 9 held by Jodie Meeks and Tony Delk.

Meeks’ game was so superb and spread out tonight. He went 15 for 22 from the field with 10 of 15 from 3-pointers. He was 14 for 14 from the free throw line. He had 8 rebounds, 4 assists, and 1 steal with only 1 turnover for the game." ~ Posted by Kentucky Wildcats Basketball, Big Blue Nation Fan Site - Cats News, Scores, & Sports Talk

Did I tell you Jodie Meeks has skills? I believe I did. Congratulations, Jodie! And... GO BIG BLUE!

No comments: