Sunday, January 25, 2009

Creativity Corner

I'm not overly creative, but I do love a creative outlet. I particularly enjoy rubber stamping and scrapbooking, among many other "crafty" hobbies. Hey, a mom's gotta have a few of her own extracurricular activities. We can't survive on cooking, cleaning and chauffering alone!

Our base house is small, but it's bigger than most, so you won't hear me complaining about the size. Okay, you won't hear me complaining VERY OFTEN about the size. We have a room that most people use as an office and it also contains a closet that everyone uses as a pantry, so this room serves a couple of purposes. We've decided to use it as a pantry/craft room for me. Just last weekend I organized all the supplies I could possibly fit into this small space. The rest of my stash is in bins under our bed.


This is my work space... a portable dropleaf table on wheels. On that table are my pens/pencils, stamp pads, idea books, etc. I also have some of my single rubber stamps on the adjustable shelves on the wall. I managed to squeeze a floor lamp in this room since the overhead light isn't quite bright enough.


Here are the rest of my single stamps hanging on the opposite wall. What I mean by "single" stamps is that these are individual stamps I've purchased over the years that don't belong to any kind of set. On top of the stamp shelving units is a blank display board that I normally use to mount cards and other creative paper crafts that inspire me and give me ideas for future projects. The piece of furniture under the stamps is an old dresser that belonged to my husband when he was growing up. It makes a great supply cabinet! On top I have boxes of older photos I plan on eventually putting in scrapbooks, plastic bins with photos, paper and stickers of projects already in the works, and a filing tray for holding items that need to be organized. And of course to the right of all of this is our extra shelving unit for grocery items that won't go into the pantry.


This is just a little closer view.


I bought this wall hanging for my new space, for even though the room isn't "big enough to whip a cat in" (A phrase used most often from my childhood, and no, we never whipped cats), it's just right for me. "LIFE IS GOOD" reminds me that life really is good and that I have much for which to be thankful. Now let's hope the creativity will begin to flow!

5 comments:

Meryl's said...

What a cute cute room! I'm impressed again by your ingenuity. Muy bien mi amiga.

Marva said...

Muchas gracias, mi amiga!

Anonymous said...

Did you see the new stampin up catalog? It has four pages of spanish stamps, they must have known you were moving to Spain! Yesterday was stamping day here for me, I got a lot accomplished. My house is a wreck and there was no dinner but I made a lot of lovely cards. :)

Marva said...

Kerry, I haven't seen the catalog, but now I'm intrigued. I should never buy another stamp with all that I've accumulated. These photos don't even begin to cover it! But if there are SPANISH stamps available, I might just have to take a peek.

Bethie said...

Fabulous space!! Very organized and clutter free....do you do other people's houses? My office is a disaster area....