Wednesday, July 29, 2009

A blast from the past...

Yesterday the boys and I were flipping channels on TV and came across The Brady Bunch, a "new" show my boys have discovered and found quite intriguing.

The episode we watched guest starred Davy Jones. Allow me to give you a quick recap in case you didn't see, or have forgotten this episode... Marcia jumped the gun and said she could get Davy Jones to perform at her school prom, all because she was the president of his local fan club, and he'd once sent her a letter saying he'd do anything for her if he were ever in her hometown. Of course poor Marcia can't even begin to get close to Davy Jones and she's desperate to see him so she doesn't end up looking like a big loser.

In this clip, Marcia goes to the recording studio to see if she can persuade him to sing at the prom. Naturally she had no problem getting inside the studio...
">


My boys were laughing hysterically, especially at the groovy hairdo of Davy Jones's manager and even more at the lack of expression on the face of the guy working in the sound booth. And they couldn't believe I knew the song Davy was singing.

Marcia finally gives up ever meeting Davy Jones and she's just about to call her teacher to admit her loser status, when lo' and behold, look who shows up to save the day. This could only happen to the Brady Bunch...">


While we were watching the show, I told my youngest that I used to watch The Brady Bunch all the time when I was his age. He scrunched up his face and said, "Wow! That show is REALLY old! I wonder why they still show it."

There went my nostalgic moment!


No comments: