Thursday, July 30, 2009

Tiger who?


My boys are doing something this summer they've never done before, and it's making their father so very happy. They're taking golf lessons and are really enjoying themselves. Their father is a golf enthusiast and for years he's been looking forward to the day when the boys would show some interest in the game. I do believe the time has arrived.

Here they are at their first lesson...

M waits for golf balls to drop into his basket before heading out to the driving range.


There were several kids in the group, some of whom had been taking lessons since the beginning of the summer. Our boys knew all of them from school, so they were very comfortable.


The golf pro has his hands full, wouldn't you say?


D waits for instruction.


M takes a look at his club. I wonder what he was thinking here. He seemed to be contemplating something, but what... I don't know.


D doesn't think much about it... he just gets ready to whack the ball.


M is a little more tentative and concentrates more on the mechanics.


M receives some one on one instruction from the golf pro.


Looks like golf lessons agree with M.

While they've only had three lessons, the boys have shown great interest. My husband is so excited that he decided to get the boys some clubs of their own. He had some extras here at home for D, but he's added to those and bought a bag to put them in. M got the whole kit and caboodle. I just hope golf continues to hold some appeal. You know how fleeting some new activities can be.

And me? Well, I may just have to take up the game myself so I'll know what in the world they're talking about when I hear terms like "birdie, eagle, handicap, par and FORE!"

No comments: