Wednesday, July 22, 2009

There's been an explosion!

I never showed you this photo, did I? This is the aftermath of the Lego explosion that took place on Christmas morning.

We live for legos here at our house, and naturally our boys are of the opinion that less is NOT more... One can never have too many legos! It's simply not possible. Star Wars legos are their favorite.


These are just a few legos currently "on display" in my oldest son's room. He and his brother like to build Legos, but they never want to take them apart. I've suggested they take them apart and build them again, or make something different the next time. They look at me as if I've lost what's left of my mind. What was I thinking, right?


If it were up to my boys, they'd have every surface covered with legos. From the looks of this photo, they're well on their way to reaching their goal, wouldn't you agree? And just between you and me... this drives me crazy!

(Sidebar... Do you see the different Mountain Dew plastic bottles on the back right-hand side? D was collecting those for a while. In fact, he had those in Virginia and we allowed him to move them to Spain. I kid you not. Thankfully he's given up that short-lived obsession. I have to be grateful for the small victories around here.)


Legos seem to multiply at our house! I'm really glad my kids like to build things. I think it makes for great eye-hand coordination and the stimulation of their minds. They have to read those directions and think about what they're doing. I just wish the legos didn't have to literally take over my house.


Here's D's closet. He really does have clothes, although you wouldn't know it from this photo. Legos have made their way onto the shelves inside his closet, which is where I wish he'd keep all of them.


Do you see what I'm talking about? Are you feeling as claustrophobic as I do? At least my kids are pretty good about keeping their legos off of the floor. Have you ever stepped on one? Stepping on a lego induces the kind of pain one never forgets. Never.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh the memories of Lego Land my son use to have in his room, living room, kitchen table, ect.... And the stepping on Legos is one of the worse pains. Right up there with taking a walk after my hystorectomy. :-( Bad pain. Justin rebuilt all of his after we moved here about 6 years ago. He's 26 now so he would have been about 20. You've got a few years to go before they grow out of that. Not sure they do grow out of it. Enjoy it while you can. Soon enough they will leave them in your basement and you will some day clean it up and find them and possibly cry. Thinking back on the pain they caused your footsies. :-)
Enjoying your blog.
Donna