Monday, July 27, 2009

Got cereal?

I don't know about your family, but my family likes cereal... a lot! I swear, you'd think Jerry Seinfeld lived here. At any given time we have 5-10 different boxes of cereal on the pantry shelf. The current inventory of cereal boxes taking up space in my pantry at this time sits at 7. As I said... we like cereal.

Here's the list of cereals now being served for breakfast (lunch or dinner too, for that matter) at our house...

Trix...


Corn Flakes...


Cinnamon Toast Crunch...


Honey Nut Cheerios...


Apple Jacks...


Raisin Bran...


and Rice Krispies...

We frequently have other cereals on hand too, but just happen to be out of Cheerios, Life, Honey Bunches of Oats and Crispix at the moment. Sometimes we buy Fruit Loops or Captain Crunch.

Sidebar: I absolutely LOVED Captain Crunch when I was a kid, but never noticed until just a few years ago how much it hurts the roof of my mouth to eat the stuff. I practically have to let it get soggy before I can stand to eat it. I've decided it's hardly worth it anymore. What a sad realization!

So... what kind of cereal do you have on your pantry shelf?

No comments: