Tuesday, November 20, 2007

A hot fries, ho-ho and grape juice kind of day...

I've had one of those days I'd either like to start over or totally forget altogether. Nothing significantly horrible happened, thank the Lord, and I'm okay now, but earlier today I was just not enjoying life. I don't know where things went wrong.

I started out the day just fine. The boys got up early, made themselves breakfast and got ready for school without having to be begged or threatened. The house was orderly and I was ready to run my errands by 9am. I guess that's when I met with challenges. I had a bulletin board project to finish that involved emailing some information to my church for approval. When I got to the church, I realized I'd failed to attach the file I'd intended to, and therefore, I had no information to work with and couldn't finish my project. Grrrr... I hate it when I do boneheaded things like that! I was not very nice to the ladies in the office and later had to call and apologize for getting so bent out of shape. Of all places to get bent out of shape too - the church!

I did what I could do with the project and then had to quickly leave because Mondays are "short days" at school for the boys in that they are dismissed at 1:10pm. And now both boys have swim lessons after school on Mondays, so I have to pick them up at school rather than have them ride the bus home, otherwise we'd never make the lessons on time.

I also needed to go grocery shopping today, but that didn't happen either, which seems to be a trend for me lately. I have a real aversion to grocery shopping anyway. Of course I thought about ordering groceries online, but after the first experience with online grocery shopping turned out to be a total waste of my time and cause for me to use ugly language and pitch a royal hissy fit, I decided to get that idea right out of my head. Today was not the day for the grocery store morons to dis me yet again.

I picked up the boys from school and remembered I hadn't even eaten lunch and my stomach was telling me about it too. I was so hungry, but didn't have time to even stop at a drive-thru, therefore I'd have to suck it up and eat something from the ever-healthy vending machine, that is if I could manage to scrounge up enough change since I had NO MONEY in my wallet and no time to stop at the ATM.

After we'd arrived at the pool and everyone was settled, I go to look for some change and discover I can't find my wallet anywhere. I could just envision having to cancel my credit cards, get a new license and military I.D. card, all things I'd rather take a beating than have to be faced with doing. Thank the Lord my son found my wallet lying on the front seat of my vehicle. Things were looking up! Lunch ended up consisting of a bag of hot fries, half of a package of ho-ho's and part of a grape juice. Mmmmm...

The little kid swam while the big kid did homework and things were fine. Then we did the switcharoo and the little man came to do homework, but he didn't have any homework except for reading and he'd forgotten to bring a book. He decided he'd like a healthy snack as well and share my drink. Somehow he picked up my drink and promptly dropped it in his chair and it proceeded to pour out onto the floor. He just sat there with that "deer in the headlights" look kids get when they know they've messed up. Luckily the juice hadn't spilled on the seat, therefore the little man was clean, and thank God too, because he HATES getting sticky.

We made it home and finished homework and I started trying to decide what to do about dinner. My husband is my hero tonight, seeing as how he brought home pizza for dinner since we, once again, have no food in the house. I'm hoping tomorrow will be a more productive, positive day for me. My reflux simply won't allow for another hot fries, ho-ho and grape juice kind of day. Would somebody pass the Prilosec, please?

No comments: