Friday, November 16, 2007

You can date when you're in middle school

I have no idea how my boys got on the subject of girls and dating, but a couple of days ago, I heard them (Okay, I sort of eavesdropped on their conversation!) talking about when it's appropriate for kids to start dating. My oldest son informs his younger brother that he can start dating when he's in 7th grade in middle school. What? That would mean he's going to be dating in less than two years!

My boys are 11 and 8 years of age... Isn't that terribly young to be concerned with this kind of stuff? Let's talk about sports and bodily functions and other gross things! Now I'm wondering if there's more to the story. Is the oldest starting to take notice of girls? Does he have a crush on someone? That could explain the occasional blank stare when he's doing his homework. I'm going to keep my eye on this situation!

No comments: