Wednesday, June 11, 2008

I beg you... just tell me what you want!

I have difficulty shopping for gifts for the men in my life, and by men, I mean my husband, step-dad and father-in-law. Do you have the same problem? Christmas is hard enough, but the month of June is particularly painful because of the fact that it's Father's Day AND it's my husband's birthday. My dad's birthday was in June too, so for many years I was searching for two gifts (or one big gift) each for my husband and my dad, and one gift each for my step-dad and father-in-law (Thankfully my husband helps with his dad's gift). Frankly, I think that's cruel and unusual punishment, don't you?

So what is it about men that makes them so hard to buy for? My husband rarely asks for anything, so when his mom and my mom call to ask what to get him for his birthday, I'm truly at a loss most of the time. If he's mentioned a potential gift item at all, I feel obligated to pass it along to our moms so I can make gift giving a little easier for them. Then I got nuthin'!

I just love it when you ask the men in your life what they'd like to have for their special day and they tell you, "Oh, anything is fine" or "You don't have to get me anything." Okay, ANYTHING is fine? Really? So you'd be happy receiving a new toilet plunger or perhaps a jelly of the month club membership? How about a William Hung CD? Are ya sure ANYTHING will do? And do you really think I could just not get a gift for my dad for Father's Day? I mean, would that really go over well? I don't think so. (Did you note the sarcasm?)

Throw me a bone, people, and just tell me what you'd like to have already! Time's a-wastin' and you're on my last nerve.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you!!LOL ;)

Unknown said...

Noel made it easy on me this year, he booked himself on a Canadian fishing trip with his brother and my dad!
Kathy