Friday, June 13, 2008

Welcome, summertime!


Today is the last day of school for my boys and I'm so happy. We've lived here for two years and have been very impressed with the school. The boys have had great teachers and I think their school experience has been very positive and they've learned a great deal. They've also made some nice friends whom they will greatly miss when we move later this summer.

That being said, I'm relieved beyond words that the school year is over. It's been SO BUSY with homework (namely my older son's math), volunteering, school events (plays, concerts, parties...) and all the extracurricular activities (sports, Scouts and kids' choir). It's all great stuff and I'm glad the kids are so involved in lots of different things, but I personally need a break from the action, time to just do nothing or perhaps be together as a family doing something we've chosen to do out of sheer spontaneity. I can't remember the last day trip we took "just because." There's seemingly never any time to do those things, which makes me crazy at times.

Summertime is truly welcomed this year, probably more than it's ever been welcomed before. Granted, we're moving at some point, and that will make for some heavy-duty stress and busy days later on, as we get closer to the actual move date. For now, however, I just feel as if a weight is being lifted. My responsibilities and obligations are disappearing. No one is expecting me to volunteer for this or take pictures of that. I don't have multiple places to be in a single day. Yep, summertime is lookin' good!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yipeeeeee Now that summer is over, you can start doing some bulletin boards..... just kidding!!! Enjoy your well deserved time off.

Talk to you later