Wednesday, June 18, 2008

No wonder shipping & handling is expensive!

I recently ordered the cutest baby onesie (For those of you with no knowledge of what a "onesie" is, it's a tiny bodysuit of sorts, a t-shirt for babies that snaps in the crotch). I'd seen it in a catalog and thought it was absolutely precious and so appropriate for the couple who will be on the receiving end in a few months.

Anyway, I received this package in the mail last week and was puzzled when I saw the size of the box. I had only ordered the single teeny tiny onesie and yet this box was so large. Did the company send me the wrong order? Did they send me some freebies? Of course neither was the case. They simply used a box large enough for 10 or more onesies to fit inside and filled it full of packing materials. Check it out...

How wasteful is that? The amount of packing materials used for this single item is ridiculous! Why even use a box to send a piece of clothing? It's not like the onesie is fragile. For heaven's sake, wouldn't an envelope have worked just fine? No wonder shipping and handling is so expensive!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Grief!! Glad they packed it so well so it didn't get broken.haha Every time we get a package from UPS it is smashed to smithereens. Good thing we pay so much!! O;)

kristi said...

And how much was your shipping? GAAHHH........that is really dumb.

Marva said...

I paid $5.95 for S&H. I guess that's not as bad as some other catalogs, but I still think that's expensive.