Thursday, February 5, 2009

BIG SURPRISE!

This is what we woke to this morning. Wow! Imagine that! It's raining here today. What a big surprise - NOT! What happened to sunny Spain? It's been raining all week and it's on my last nerve. Our youngest has been awakened by storms twice in the middle of the night during the last week, and has ended up crawling in bed with us as a result, not exactly making for a restful night's sleep for any of us.


It's just another lovely day in the neighborhood. My husband and I think this gloomy weather could very well be our doing. After all, extreme weather tends to find us wherever we roam. Need proof? We lived in Delaware twice, and both times the state experienced record snowfall. We may have to move from Spain to spare the poor people residing here, you know... to protect the innocent.

Oh, look! Here comes the sun! (Cue music... Here comes the sun, and I say, "It's all right.") Maybe the sun will shine today after all. I'm all about optimism.

I spoke too soon! This is what it's doing outside right now...



I'm trying to embrace the rain today though. I've even changed my music to go along with our current theme. And in the meantime, I've got to get crackin' on the blueprints for the ark I feel sure we'll no doubt need if the rain continues.

1 comment:

Ellen said...

Marva, you must have taken the snow with you when you left because we haven't had a decent snow fall since you left for Alabama(I think that's right). Do a snow dance for us teachers here in Delaware.