Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Did anyone see me?

I had a couple of errands to run on base late this afternoon. After I'd finished taking care of business, I went to get back into my car and head home. When I reached the car in the parking lot, I noticed that the doors were unlocked, which was strange because I always lock my doors. It's just a habit of mine.

I thought, "Hmmm... oh well, I must have only thought I'd locked the doors."

I got into the car, and turned to put my purse and a bag in the passenger seat, and was confused as there were unfamiliar items in the seat. I looked in the back seat and saw even more unfamiliar items.

I thought, "What in the world is going on here?"

It finally dawned on me that this was not my car, but rather someone else's car which happened to only look like my car.

I immediately jumped out of the car I was in, hoping beyond hope that no one, particularly the owner/operator of that car, saw me getting out of one car and hopping into its mirror image in the next row.

Yes, my car was parked in the next row, where I found it locked and completely familiar, which made me feel safe and secure once again.

Please tell me things like this happen to you occasionally. Lie if you must, but make me feel better about my mental stability, will you?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor dear sweet Marva....I feel for you, although I never GOT in the car, I did have my hand on the handle when I heard the car say, "Step away from the car." WOOOO..I was so scared, but my son fell on the ground laughing!!!!

Does your sweet hubby know about it, or is he TDY

I love you and miss you!!!!

Marva said...

No, my hubby doesn't know his wife is losing her marbles yet, although I'm sure he already has a clue. :) He's currently TDY.

Liesl said...

Again, I didn't actually go in, but it was close, and I fear my situation may have been much worse if I had gone all the way in...

At the swim meet in Berlin, I took ONE step into the MEN's bathroom! Oops! These signs in Europe can be so confusing!!!! The urinals gave it away...

I too, looked around, and thought, "Oh please don't let anyone I know be standing behind me watching my face turn red as I change my mind NOT to enter the men's bathroom."