Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I went to the mailbox for this?


I think I've told you before that getting mail is a very big deal here in Spain. First of all, mail is often very slow in arriving from the States, so the anticipation is enough to make me revert to biting my nails again. Secondly, mail is not delivered to our homes here, so we have to drive a couple of miles to pick it up. Not that a big a deal, I know, but it does require some effort on my part. Mail is also only delivered Monday thru Friday... no Saturday mail... and if you happen to receive a notice in your box saying you have a package to be picked up, you can only retrieve it during certain hours of the day (Something like 7:30-8:30am, 11:00am-1:00pm and 4:00pm-5:00pm). Again, not a big deal in the scheme of things.

But what is a big deal is when I drive to the mail center to pick up my coveted mail, only to discover there's just one measly envelope in my box, only to further discover it's not even for me... It's for the other family with the same last name. That's just wrong.

No comments: