Saturday, February 16, 2008

Aaaahhh... now THAT feels good!

My husband and I went out last night in celebration of Valentine's Day. We had given one another our individual gifts on Thursday night, but since we were hosting a Cub Scout meeting for our oldest son's den that same night, we decided to wait until Friday to go out. It was so worth the wait!

We did something we'd never done before... We had a couple's massage at a local day spa and salon. Now, before you get the idea that we did something kinky, let me set your mind at ease and assure you we did not. We're conservative people around here! We just had regular massages in the same room. Sorry to scare anyone with the visual you might have just experienced. All the private areas were fully covered at all times, if that helps you.

My husband's massage therapist was a woman and mine was a man. The man nearly massaged the very hide right off my body! He awakened muscles and tissue and veins and even the tiniest of cells in my out-of-shape body. Yowza! I slept like a log last night too! I'm a little sore this morning, feeling as if I might have actually worked out yesterday.

My favorite part of the massage, besides the relaxed feeling I had afterwards, was the foot massage (I LOVE a foot massage!) and the warm, wet towels that were used, particularly the ones under my neck and on my feet. Ooh-la-la! I need to do that here at home! It felt SSSSOOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOOD!

You know some people really don't like massages, which I don't get at all. I wonder if it's just the idea of a stranger touching their bodies that makes them uncomfortable or embarrassed. I figure massage therapists have seen so many people's bodies that nothing phases them. They might have a good laugh at my expense after I've left the premises ("Good Lord, did you SEE the cellulite on that woman's legs?"), but who cares? I don't know about it and I feel too good to give a hoot anyway!

Never had a massage? Life is short and time's a-wastin'! Go and let me know how you feel afterward...

No comments: