Thursday, February 7, 2008

Love is in the air!


It's a week until Valentine's Day! I've purchased a gift and card to give my sweet husband, but I want it to remain a secret, and since he occasionally reads here, I can't tell you what it is. I hope he likes it! We're also planning on getting a sitter and going out to dinner and possibly a movie the weekend following Valentine's Day. It's difficult to manage a night out during the week, so we're waiting until the weekend, which works much better for us. That'll just make the holiday last a little longer.

I'm truly surprised by the number of couples who don't actually do anything out of the ordinary for one another on Valentine's Day. WHAT? Where's the love? Where's the romance? Please tell me I'm not the only hopeless romantic around!

I'm not referring to the purchasing of an expensive gift, although that's always a good choice. :) No, what I'm suggesting is showing that special someone, be it your husband or wife, boyfriend or girlfriend, how much you love them in a way that will be meaningful to both of you. You don't have to break the bank to do that either. There are so many ways to say "I love you!"

I just couldn't imagine allowing Valentine's Day, a holiday all about love and caring, go by without letting my husband know what he means to me. I hope I never get too old, too settled, too comfortable or too "whatever" to forget to show and tell him that he's still the one for me.

So, tell me... What special something are you doing for your special someone in celebration of Valentine's Day? Inquiring minds wanna know!

No comments: