Saturday, February 23, 2008

Mom, look what I can do!

Kids get so excited when they've learned a new skill, don't they? I remember when I was a kid and I learned to tie my shoes, snap my fingers and whistle, all around the same time. I thought I was the coolest!

My children are no different. As soon as they've acquired a new skill, they want to show me and everyone else willing to watch and/or listen. After all, what's special about this newly acquired skill if you can't share it with others, right?

My 8-year-old son came up to me a couple of days ago, excited beyond measure, saying, "Mom, look what I can do!" Naturally I dropped everything and gave him my complete and undivided attention. And this is what he did...

HE MADE ARMPIT NOISES THAT SOUND AS IF SOMEONE IS PASSING GAS RATHER LOUDLY.

Isn't that special and worthy of high praise? We're so proud!

I just looked at my son, trying my best to stifle a giggle, and said, "Where did you learn to do that?" I've never seen or heard my oldest doing the armpit noise maneuver, and of course my husband and I don't either, so where did our son pick up this wonderful new skill?

My son tells me that a friend of his from church taught him.

"Which friend?" I ask.

Turns out it's our preacher's daughter who's been teaching our son these new tricks. You know, I've always heard that PKs (Preacher's Kids) are the ones you have to look out for and now I know it's true. I might just have to have a heart-to-heart with our preacher regarding the corruption of our child.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

PRICELESS....PRICELESS...PRICELESS...WAIT TILL MONDAY!!!!!!!!!!

Church Secretary....tee hee