Thursday, February 21, 2008

My Little American Idol

Like I've mentioned before, I'm an American Idol fan, and it's just gotten more interesting now that the top 24 singers have been chosen and they are performing live this week. I watched the guys perform last night and was fairly impressed. I was all set to watch the girls do their thing tonight and realized I was going to have to miss a little of the show due to picking up my oldest son from basketball practice (My husband is out of town, so I'm single parenting this week). Now this really cramps my style as American Idol is practically the only show I try not to miss. These coaches really shouldn't schedule practices on American Idol night. I mean REALLY!

Our boys like the show too and when my youngest son and I had to leave to run taxi service for his brother, I asked him, "Do you want to be on American Idol one day?"

He looked at me as if I was high and said, "No!"

I said, "Why not? You have a great singing voice!"

He said, "Yeah, I know I have a good voice." The kid DOES have self-confidence, doesn't he?

Then he looks at me and says, "Do you really think American Idol will still exist when I'm 16?"

Good point.

No comments: