Tuesday, February 12, 2008

You want me to do WHAT?

A few days ago I shared with the whole world the fact that I'd recently had a mammogram. If you read the post, you'll remember I wasn't exactly thrilled with the sensation of having my breasts flattened like pancakes over and over again. Well... looks like I'll have the distinct pleasure of going back next week and repeating the fun I had less than two weeks ago.

Someone called to say the radiologist had read the report and now I'm being requested to return for "additional views to complete my study." Excuse me? You want me to do WHAT?

I don't know what you're thinking, but I'm thinking that means one of two things... either the x-ray tech messed up the first time or they've found something questionable. Since I've never had any previous problems and breast cancer doesn't run in my family, I'm thinking the x-ray tech fouled up and they just don't want to admit that. Of course it's not like the person on the phone will actually TELL you one way or the other. They're not allowed to give out that kind of information to patients. Sigh...

It's bad enough to have to endure ONE mammogram a year, but TWO? Give me a break!

No comments: