Friday, February 22, 2008

We're having an "ice day!"

It's 11:09am as I begin blogging and I'm still in my jammies. Why? Icy weather has made its way to the DC area and the kids are out of school today. My boys are broken-hearted, of course, and are forcing themselves to play the Wii all day today. I'm "piddling," (a very technical term I might add) doing a little of this and a little of that. You know... emailing, googling, playing, blogging... all on the computer. I'm ignoring all the things I really need to be doing and I'm enjoying every precious minute of it!

My sweet husband has been away all week on a business trip and he was due to return yesterday afternoon, however, the ice that my children were so excited about getting actually fell in the area where my husband currently is and his flight was ultimately canceled. Hopefully he'll be able to make it home today.

I think I really needed an "ice day." I'd been running to and fro all week, seemingly busy every second, but not really accomplishing a whole lot. Ever have days (and weeks) like that? Today is just a relaxing kind of day with nowhere to be (except the metro station later today when I pick up my man) and nothing pressing to do. Praise God for giving us a day to just chill! Days like today are few and far between and I appreciate them when they come along unexpectedly.

Gee, all this "work" on the computer has really worn me out. (Yawning now...) I think I might be in need of a short nap.

No comments: