Monday, February 25, 2008

Laughter is the best medicine!

My kids crack me up sometimes. My oldest, in particular, is starting to develop quite the sense of humor. While eating lunch on Saturday, my youngest son was telling me about his basketball practice, and listing the names of the kids who'd shown up that day. He told me Simon was there and unsure which kid that was, I asked, "Who's Simon?"

That's when my oldest son, not even missing a beat, said very seriously, "You know, Mom, he's one of the chipmunks." (Insert drum sound like at a comedy club) Oh, that boy reminds me of my father-in-law, who is forever making a joke.

*************************************************************************************

Later we were watching TV with the boys and there was a very dramatic scene unfolding during this show where a SWAT team was called in. My youngest son said, "What's a 'squat' team?"

Admittedly, it doesn't sound all that funny now, but trust me, it WAS funny. You had to be there. I nearly peed my pants.

Who needs to read the comics when I have two comics of my own? Isn't laughter, especially unanticipated laughter, truly the best medicine?

No comments: