Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Can't a girl hang out in her jammies?

I have come to the conclusion that I can no longer hang out in my pajamas all day long while residing in base housing here in Spain. Base house living and lounging in pajamas simply do not mix, and it's quite a sad realization for me. Don't jump to conclusions and get the wrong impression of me. I don't spend EVERY day lounging in my jammies, but there are those days when that's exactly what I feel like doing, and if I don't have anywhere I have to be, I will often indulge my desire to hang out in my pajamas until my heart's content. Alas, that will no longer be an option as long as I live here.

You see, every single time I decide today is the day I'm going to hang out at home in my jammies, some Spanish maintenance man (and in today's case... THREE Spanish maintenance men) arrive unannounced at my door to work. I'm telling you, it's like Grand Central Station around here! I never know when one of these guys is going to show up as it's seemingly impossible for them to give people advance notice of their arrival time. This is seriously cramping my style!

Anyway... let's just say it's more than a little awkward to answer the door in my pajamas with my hair standing on end, only to find someone on my doorstep wanting to come in to do some kind of maintenance work. Of course, if I looked like a hot Victoria's Secret model in sexy negligee, it wouldn't be so bad, but unfortunately, I am not a vision to behold in my granny gown.

I'm thinking if these people would call ahead and give me some notice, I might be a little more presenatable when they get here. But hey, if they can't give me a heads up, they may just have to suffer the consequences.

No comments: