Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Missing Autumn




Autumn is my favorite time of year, hands down. I love the crisp, cooler weather and the beauty of the colorful tree foliage. I love ANYTHING pumpkin and the harvest decorations adorning homes, both inside and out. I love Halloween (and candy, I might add) and seeing kids having so much fun in their costumes.



I love Thanksgiving and the meaning behind the holiday. I love foods that we associate with autumn... hot soup, chili, turkey dinners and the like. I LOVE AUTUMN! I also miss autumn because it's just not the same here in Spain. Don't get me wrong, being at the beach anytime of the year is great, but it can't take the place of autumn in places like Virginia, Kentucky, Tennessee... anyplace where I can experience all of the things mentioned above. So, those of you who live in locations where you have the opportunity to enjoy these things, please do so and enjoy them a little more on my behalf.
This is how I feel about missing autumn in the States...

No comments: