Sunday, October 12, 2008

The solution to insufficent TV programming in Spain...

Our TV programming in Spain consists of the Armed Forces Network (AFN). There are LOTS of military-related programs and delayed sports, but not a lot of anything else. Let's just say there isn't much of a variety and leave it at that.

The boys aren't too thrilled with TV here, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. We figure it prevents them from becoming total couch potato TV-aholics, right? We were right... They aren't total couch potato TV-aholics, however, they have become addicted to other electronic gadgets. When we were in the midst of moving, the boys watched movies on the laptop computer. Then they used our portable DVD player on the plane ride to Spain and have continued to use it here as well.
Game Boys are key when we're someplace that's not overly kid-friendly, such as an assumption of command. Boring!

The newest obsession in electronics has been the Wii, which the boys acquired at Christmas last year. The latest, greatest addition to the Wii collection is this...
This, my friends, is Guitar Hero, and I fear life may never be the same in my house again now that it lives among us. The boys are rockin' out to music I knew in high school, which is so funny. They can't understand why I know this music because they don't realize it's OLD. They just think it's because I'm COOL! Hmmm... maybe Guitar Hero will turn out to work in my favor after all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

go to www.hulu.com you can get all of the tv shows you are missing. I don't even watch regular tv anymore, I wait until I am snuggled up in bed with my laptop and watch all my shows. You will be so thankful! I know what it is like to be overseas and not have "normal" tv.

Marva said...

June Cleaver, you might just have reached best friend status. I'll let you know how this works out for me. Thanks for the intel!