Saturday, October 4, 2008

I'm too old for this!

Moving can be fun and adventurous, particularly in our case this time around, since we're living overseas for the first time. We're living in a foreign country where we do not speak the language, but as a result, we're learning so much and exposing our kids to a new culture. We're meeting new people and making friends along the way. We're stepping outside our comfort zone, which is good for us. One could say there are lots of positives involved with moving, right? I would tend to agree with that statement wholeheartedly, with one exception....

Moving involves remembering way too many new numbers... the new house number, PSC and box numbers, zip code, calendar dates, cell phones x 2, three house phones (No, I'm not kidding) plus all the codes and passwords associated with each of those phones, my husband's office phone, and don't even get me started with the whole learning to dial for both on and off-base calls. I'm sorry, but I'm just getting too old for this! My feeble brain can't handle this numerical overload. The memory bank is FULL already!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Marva, calm down, take a deep breath and go to the BX/PX/?X and get some neon colored stickies and write down what you need to know at each phone and tape it down and at least one month before y'all are due to leave to come back to the States, you will realize..."I know those numbers" !

Hang in there sweet lady, you can do it!!! I have faith in your young mind!!!

Have a good weekend. Oh by the way, The Staff is still waiting for the donuts to arrive:):)