Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Do I have to get dressed today?

Sometimes there are days (like today) when I just don't want to get dressed and leave my house under any circumstances. I have cramps, I don't feel well and I'd love to lounge around in my jammies in front of the fireplace with the TV on, napping off and on all afternoon until the fog has lifted and I feel better. TMI? Sorry, but it's my blog and I can whine if I want to.

Of course I can't lounge around in my jammies in front of the fireplace with the TV on, napping off and on all afternoon until the fog has lifted and I feel better because my son called a little while ago and informed me he forgot his trumpet for band today and he wants me to bring it to school.

I wonder what the school secretary would say if I walked into the office wearing my jammies, robe and slippers to drop off the trumpet. Don't worry, it was just thought. I'll get dressed and make myself somewhat presentable so I don't embarrass my kid. The things I do for my children!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you should show up in your jammies!! That is so funny!! I love your new blog colors and your song...O;)

Marva said...

Shannon,
I made myself presentable before I dropped off the trumpet at school, and thank God I did, because I ran into another parent I know very well. I can just imagine what her thoughts would have been if she'd seen me looking like I did 30 minutes prior. :)