Monday, January 21, 2008

What tunes do you hum?

I was helping my husband clear breakfast dishes this morning and I found myself half humming and half singing a tune. I realized it was a religious song, which for some reason took me by surprise. I started thinking about my mom and how she always seemed to be singing a church hymn, but never any current music. When we were growing up she never listened to the radio and didn't know who any of the most popular recording artists were. I thought she was so un-cool. I'd never have guessed I'd end up singing gospel music around the house when I grew up. Scary, ain't it? I'm more like my mother than I thought, and somehow I think it's pretty cool.

So... what tunes do you find yourself humming these days?

2 comments:

avalarue said...

I sing in our church choir, so I'm always humming whatever we rehearsed on Wednesday night!

Anonymous said...

Hi AvaLarue!!:):) If our church had a choir, I would do the same, but for now, I hum the last song I played on the piano the night before.. :):)

Join the group, Marva, we all evidentially turn into our mom's!?!? What a priveledge!?!? :):)