Tuesday, January 29, 2008

I'm NOT smarter than a 5th grader!

In my last post I whined about the fact that my husband was "leaving me" for a few days this week. I really miss him when he's gone. I do! I miss his smile, his embrace, his beautiful eyes, his warmth and OH, ALRIGHT... I ADMIT IT.... I miss the math expert who helps our 5th grader with his homework!

My son came home with math problems that I sat and stared at for several minutes before I could even begin to think about how to solve them. Good grief! I know I didn't do this kind of math until I was in high school. I'm telling you right now... I don't know how much longer I'll be able to help my child with his homework. Soon enough, he's going to be on his own.

Thank God for email! My husband took his laptop on his trip and I told him I might be emailing him scanned homework pages in the event that we need his expertise. I'm breathing a sigh of relief for tonight though, because I think my feeble mind eventually comprehended the problems and my son and I toughed it out together. I'm definitely NOT smarter than a 5th grader!


And no, that's not me... It's Kellie Pickler, former American Idol contestant and current country music recording artist. And she's not smarter than a 5th grader either!

No comments: