Thursday, January 10, 2008

Sister Schubert's


Need I say more? The very name "Sister Schubert's" just makes my stomach growl and my heart beat a little faster. If you haven't been properly introduced to Sister Schubert and her delicious yeast rolls, then I really feel sorry for you. I mean really... bless your heart!

My introduction to these mouth-watering, divine little pieces of heaven occurred last fall and my life has never been the same since. I've had homemade yeast rolls and they're fabulous, but they're also a lot of work. These rolls are found in your grocer's freezer and they take 5-10 minutes to warm in the oven. How easy is that? I don't know about you, but I'm all about easy when it comes to cooking.

Beware, however, because not every grocery store carries Sister Schubert's, which is a crime. Every grocery store should be required to stock these! If you've never tried 'em, getcha some! Mmmmmm...

3 comments:

avalarue said...

I discovered Sister Schubert and her rolls several years ago and I, too, love them! She also makes a pretty good sweet roll. On a different note, do you have a connection to Wichita Falls? I noticed the tag on your counter says Wichita Falls Singles. That's where I grew up!

Marva said...

No, I don't have a connection to Wichita Falls. It's just coincidence that I have that particular counter. :)

Anonymous said...

You are right..these are the BEST! We eat them all the time!
Susan