Monday, January 14, 2008

I'm so fabulous!

I asked the boys what kind of valentines they wanted to give to their classmates this year and they had a hard time coming up with anything they really wanted. Sometimes we buy the box of cards in the store and sometimes we make them on the computer. I don't think I've ever rubber stamped them before, and doubt I'll start now, even though I have the necessary supplies. I just don't want to invest that kind of time and effort.

We finally decided we'd make the valentines on the computer and go with a football theme since both boys are really into football right now. One of them is a huge Colts fan and the other a Steelers fan. They both like quarterbacks, so I went online and found pictures of both teams' quarterbacks and then used our Print Shop program and made valentines the size of business cards that say "Catch this valentine wish... Hope your day is full of sweet surprises!" I figured that sounded okay to give to a boy or girl. And of course Valentine's Day at our boys' ages is definitely all about candy, thus the "sweet" reference.

I was amazed at how simple and hassle-free these valentines turned out to be! They took me 15 minutes (maybe) to design and print and they're pretty cool, even if I do say so myself... and I do say so myself. Mission accomplished!

No comments: