Thursday, January 31, 2008

Queen would be proud.

Ever notice the songs played at sporting events that were popular a long time ago? Somehow these songs have managed to stand the test of time and remain popular with this particular crowd of people. For instance, don't you almost always here the song "We Will Rock You" by Queen when you go to a professional baseball game? We inevitably hear that song every time we're at the ballpark, and whenever we do, we always see people bobbing their heads, stomping their feet, clapping their hands, and of course, singing along.

Wanna hear it now? Make sure your speakers are turned up. To pause the other music on my blog, scroll down until you find "Marva's Music" on the left side, and then left click twice on the first button. You should hear nothing. Now scroll back up to this post and left click on the play button twice on the music below for a little nostalgia...

Get this widget | Track details | eSnips Social DNA


My kids have heard this song several times now and think it's very cool, totally unaware that the song is a "few" years old now. In their minds, it just recently hit the airwaves. They think I'm cool because I'm familiar with the song. I like deluding myself and my kids.

The thing my kids and their friends like to do with these songs is to change the words and sing them when they're together. I don't know who started it and if kids everywhere have caught on or what, but this is what they've done to "We Will Rock You".....

"We will, we will rock you,
shock you,
pick you up and drop you.
Flush you down the toilet.
Hope that you enjoy it.
See you in the sewer,
covered in manure."

What's really sad is that I now go around singing the "new version" of this song. Wouldn't Queen be proud?

No comments: