Tuesday, January 8, 2008

What's your favorite day of the week? Why?

Matthew, our 8-year-old, came home today with a myriad of papers in a folder. They are for our viewing pleasure and are to be appropriately oohed and aahed over as well as corrected where mistakes have been made, and then returned to school tomorrow.

One particular paper was all about the days of the week and it was a combination of English and Spanish (How ironic, which I will explain in a later blog). The last question on the page asked, "Which is your favorite day of the week? Why?"

Matthew responded with (and I quote verbatim, using the same spelling too), "Saturday beacase (because) I don't have chrch (church) and school. I thought he liked church and school! Are we raising a heathen child, a juvenile delinquent in the making? Of course I know his teacher has read his response, but do I dare share it with anyone at church? I think maybe we'll just keep that to ourselves.

No comments: