Friday, January 11, 2008

I MUST BALANCE!

I have prided myself for the last 12+ years of marriage on being able to balance the checkbook to the penny every single month, that is, until about 3 months ago. And I'm exactly one penny off. Can I just tell you how crazy that's making me? I have gone back, checked and re-checked my math numerous time and I still can't find a mistake. I'm really going through some mental anguish with this issue. How sad and pathetic is that?

And yes, we do most of our banking and bills online, but no, we do not use Quicken. Don't judge me! I'm just not ready to try that yet. Small steps... small steps! I still use the paper check register of olden days to manage our bank account. I can't get away from it. It somehow comforts and reassures me and I like that.

But I don't like the fact that one penny can so take over my every waking thought. I MUST BALANCE! God help me... I MUST BALANCE!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Marva, don't feel bad..we dont use Quicken either AND Mike NEVER does or uses the bank deal that you can go on the Bank Account and pay bills. NO NO He has to drive to local places to deliever the bills in person ( you know to make SURE they get it) HUH????? Or he writes them all out adn has to mail them FROM the post office NOT our mailbox. HUH???

I am TODAY setting up where we can pay bills online ( also continuing to use our paper register) SAves time!!

Funny...we still think alike! Great minds! =)

Susan Wright